Vegan Chocolate Ice Cream? Who doesn’t love ice cream? Who doesn’t love chocolate? So, to celebrate Chocolate Ice Cream day, may I present a dark rich delicious vegan chocolate ice cream!
This ice cream is easy to make, the most difficult part is waiting for it to freeze. Although not eating all the chocolate first is also hard for me!
Results will be better if you use an ice cream maker. If you don’t already own one you can pick one up for between £10-£20. Ordinarily these require putting the bowl part on the freezer for 12 hours before use. So you need to think a little ahead. I happily used one of these for many years, but have now upgraded to an electric one, which freezes as it churns. Besides that you could try making it without an ice cream maker. However the ice cream texture may be more solid.
Usually home made Ice cream freezes harder than the shop bought versions. So you may have to leave at room temperature for a few minutes before serving.
Rich Vegan Chocolate ice-cream
- Ice Cream Maker
- 120 ml Plant Milk
- 250 ml Vegan cream
- 60 g Fruit sugar You can use castor sugar, just up the amount used to 80g
- 5 g Cocoa Powder
- 70 g Dark Chocolate
- 7.5 ml Vanilla essence
- Break the chocolate up into small pieces.
- Over a low heat, gently mix all the ingredients, apart from the vanilla essence, in a small saucepan.
- Keep stirring and make sure all the ingredients are combined and that the mixture does not boil.
- Once the chocolate has fully melted, leave to cool in the fridge for at least 3 hours.
- Churn in your ice-cream maker and freeze for a few more hours before serving
This works really well served with berries or maybe a squirt of Vegan Cream and hot chocolate sauce. Above all, it is a rich, decadent vegan chocolate ice cream, so anyway you eat it is going to be great. Enjoy!