I love a bar of dark chocolate. However sometimes I just want a box of chocolates, some milk chocolate or maybe a truffle. These Vegan Chocolate Truffles by Rhian’s Recipes are so easy to make, whether you are looking for a handmade gift for a loved one, a treat for yourself or to serve to your guests with coffee after a meal, they are sure to impress.
Truffles are bite-sized confections usually made from a mixture of melted chocolate and warmed cream, in this recipe soaked raw cashew nuts are used instead of dairy cream and cocoa powder and cacao butter are used instead of chocolate.
- 120 g raw cashew nuts. Firstly soak in cold water overnight or in boiling water for 15 minutes
- 20 g cacao butter ( I bought mine online, but you should be able to get it in health food shops or large supermarkets if you prefer)
- 2 heaped teaspoons cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Cocoa powder for dusting
- Begin by draining the cashews. Put in a food processor together with rest of the ingredients
- Blitz until completely smooth
- Chill in the fridge for at least 2 hours to harden
- Sprinkle cocoa powder onto a plate
- Make teaspoon-sized balls of the mixture, then use your hands to roll the mixture in the cocoa powder
These vegan chocolate truffles will keep in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days. That is, if you can resist eating them all in one go!
If you have made these and are looking for more truffles to make. Look no further than these Vegan Rum Truffles. They are a delectable boozy delight! Don’t forget to tag us in your pictures if you make any of these recipes!